Subject Leader - Mrs Claire Petts
Our history curriculum creates aspiring young historians with a thirst for knowledge and appreciation of the past together with the skills to become life-long learners. Our curriculum is accessible to all learners with progressive development of historical concepts, knowledge and skills; and will maximise the outcomes for every child so that they know more, remember more and understand more. The curriculum provides opportunities to ask perceptive questions, think critically, weigh evidence, sift arguments and develop perspective and judgement. As a result they will:
• Increase and develop their historical skills, concepts, knowledge and attitudes.
• Increase their understanding of the present in the context of the past.
• Develop and use their skills of enquiry, analysis, evaluation and argument.
• Develop a sense of chronology and appreciation of events through time.
• Develop their interest in the past, arousing their curiosity and motivation to learn.
• Develop a sense of identity through learning about the past.