Multi Academy Trust: St Christopher’s
Place of work: All Saints CE Primary School, All Saints, Axminster, Devon, EX13 7LX
Pupils on roll: 114
Job term: Fixed Term Start date: 14 April 2020
Appointment type: Full time (Year 1/2) MPS 1 – 6
Closing date: Friday 13th March 2020 8am prompt
Interview date: Friday 20th March
Our governing body are seeking to appoint a temporary inspirational and motivated class teacher to join our team in April 2020 for the Summer Term. We are looking to appoint an effective practitioner who is adept at working in Key Stage 1. We want a teacher who will make a positive impact on our school and continue to improve our standards.
All Saints CE Primary School is a well-regarded village school on the outskirts of Axminster. Many pupils travel to our school because of our high expectations and nurturing values that underpin all we do. We have 4 mixed age classes and pride ourselves on our warm and welcoming ethos. We have dedicated staff and enthusiastic pupils and are a member of the St Christopher’s Multi Academy Trust.
Working alongside other schools in St Christopher’s Multi Academy Trust, this is an exciting opportunity to help shape the future development of Literacy within our school. As part of St Christopher’s Trust, we can offer a range of professional development opportunities whatever your career stage and we are looking for a teacher who relishes a challenge, stands out from the crowd and really wants to make a difference.
- A welcoming school with a strong ethos and values;
- Children who are happy and motivated to learn;
- An experienced, supportive and welcoming staff team who genuinely want the best for our pupils;
- A strong commitment to continuing improvement and excellence;
- A commitment to your professional development.
The successful candidate will:
- Be happy to support the Church of England ethos of our school;
- Be committed to creating challenge, excitement, creativity and independence in learning;
- Possess a commitment to developing an engaging and exciting curriculum based on practical and first-hand learning experiences, within and beyond the classroom making the most of our school grounds and local learning resources;
- Be dedicated to raising standards and committed to achieving the best outcomes for all pupils;
- Have excellent organisational and communication skills;
- Be dynamic, resilient and hard working with a positive nature;
- Be able to work as part of a team and establish positive relationships with pupils, parents, governors and staff;
- Be reflective and focused on learning – that of themselves and others and have strong pedagogical practice and philosophy that underpins their approaches to teaching.
Visits to the school are encouraged. For timings and to arrange a visit, please contact the school office by email on ASPS.firstname.lastname@example.org or phone on 01297 32761.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS Disclosure is required for this post.
Shortlisted candidates will be notified by email.
Applications should be submitted by email to ASPS.email@example.com or by post (All Saints CE Primary School, All Saints, Axminster, Devon EX13 7LX by 8am prompt on Friday 13th March 2020. Interview date will be Friday 20th March. Please state any additional subject strengths in your application.
A copy of the job description and an application form can be found below: